Insurance Claims Specialist, LLC. takes on these types of claims all the time.
Homeowner Insurance Claims
Typical homeowner’s insurance policies have 4 main components that are involved with a property damage claim.
2. Other Structures
3. Personal Property (Contents)
4. Additional Living Expense (ALE) / Loss of Use (LOU)
Homeowner claims can range from very small to major, if not catastrophic losses. But what most don’t realize is that even what appears to be a small claim can be quite significant. There are many things that we look at when adjusting your claim. Not just what you can see. There are industry standards and repair protocols that must be taken into account to determine the entirety of the amounts owed to you, the insured, by the insurance company. There typically is a great deal of forensic analysis involved by us when we are documenting and substantiating your claim. We look at EVERYTHING with a mindful eye to determine what we believe you are owed money for and entitled to within the parameters of the insuring agreement, i.e. your insurance policy. We have the knowledge, skills and equipment readily at hand to make sure your interest are protected and that you are properly and fairly compensated for your covered loss. It’s your obligation to document and prove your loss. That’s why hiring Insurance Claims Specialist, LLC. is beneficial to you. We handle it all for you. We put the pieces of the puzzle back together for you. It’s what we do. Call us today for a FREE consultation.
Business Owner Insurance Claims
Can vary greatly as there are many different types of business’ that require various forms of insurance coverage.
Business claims vary greatly and can range from small to major, if not catastrophic losses. Often these claims can be very complex. They could involve dealing with Structural Damage, Business Interruption and Loss of Use, Lost Inventories, Freight damaged in transit, agricultural crops, to completely moving the business operations to another location. Just to name a few. We begin all claims with a thorough review of the insuring agreement, i.e. the insurance policy, to determine what coverages the Business Owner does or does not have. We then begin the laborious task of determining the scope of damages based on detailed onsite inspections, if possible, and a great deal of forensic analysis to document and substantiate your claim. This enables us to determine the entirety of the amounts we believe you are owed by the insurance company. Our attention to detail and documentation skills include filling out all the appropriate forms, photo documenting, detailed repair / replacement estimates along with our expert negotiating skills are put to work exclusively for you. Protecting your interest to make sure your loss is properly put back together and that you are fairly compensated for the entirety of your loss within the confines of your policy. Our goal is to get you back in business as soon as possible.
Typical Claims and associated damage:
Structural Damage, Collapse, Smoke Damage, Water Damage, Damage caused by Emergency Responders, Personal Property Damage etc…
Usually the result of some type of fire but not always. Can be from malfunctioning furnaces, chimneys, fireplaces etc… Can be widespread, carcinogenic and cause respiratory problems. Can cause Staining, Bleed thru, be Extremely Invasive, cause Foul Odors that can return months later, is Very Corrosive, can damage or destroy the Structure and / Personal Property and can be harmful to people’s health. When associated with Chimneys, furnaces or fireplace is typically referred to as a Puff Back.
Commonly the result of a burst or ruptured water pipe, Sprinkler Lines, Supply Lines for Washing machines, dishwashers, ice makers, Water Heater tanks failure, Overflow of Toilets or Sinks. This damage can be much more widespread and costly that people think.
Was it actually a Flood? If it was truly a Flood do you have Flood Insurance? Flood Insurance is a separate policy for this very specific type of loss. Call us if you are not sure, we would be happy to speak with you about it. Typically from a sudden inundation of water. Can be associated with or caused by a tidal surge, heavy rainfall, Thunder Storms, Tropical Storms, Tidal Wave / Tsunami and / or Hurricanes to name a few. Can damage everything it comes in contact with and leave behind highly contaminated muck.
Typically associated with damage caused by sudden freezing for water supply lines. Losses suffered as a result of Freeze damage can be extensive due to the associated water released from the affected line or appliance. These could be any of a number of things including, but not limited to the water distribution lines throughout an insured structure. This is fairly common for Sprinkler or Fire Suppression system supply lines as they are often located in attics. Also, appliances that hold or discharge water such as Washing Machines, Ice Maker Lines, Hot Water Heaters, etc…
We recently handled a large Freeze damage claim that was REPEATEDLY DENIED by the insurance company for nearly 7 months until the policyholders hired us to represent their interest. We are proud to say that we were able to get the insurance company to apply coverage and we were able to negotiate a settlement for the insured of approximately $550,000.00 for the damages they suffered.
This could be from blue ice that dislodges and fall from overhead airplane, falling space debris, or tree branches, to name a few.
1. Hurricane – High winds and heavy rains on a grand scale can cause anything from total destruction of anything in its path to Minor to Heavy Structural Damage, Damaged Roofing, Siding, and Windows which can cause water damage.
2. Tornado – Very Concentrated high cyclonic winds can destroy everything in its path. Quite often associated with Hail.
3. Thunder and Wind Storms – Can have extremely strong bursts or sustained winds and possibly
lightning in more localized areas. Usually associated with heavy rains, lightning and sometimes hail. There can be extremely windy atmospheric disturbances (Wind Storms) that move thru an area at a very rapid pace or over a great length of time with sudden bursts or sustained high winds causing Structural, Roof, Siding, Hail, Water and many other types of damage.
4. Rain – Rain entering thru an opening in the structure can cause serious damage to the structural components and personal belongs that it may come into contact with. This is most often associated with roofing or siding being lifted or torn completely free from the surface to which it was attached, windows that became damaged by high winds and / or flying debris or even trees or tree branches falling into or on a house or building thus allowing rain water to enter and cause damage. But, did you know that accidentally leaving a window open which rain enters through causing damage may be covered?
5. Lightning – There are millions of lightning strike per year. Lightning can cause many types of damage. Common types of lightning damage are Tree strikes and House or Building strikes. Lightning is typically associated with Storms but not always.
6. Flooding – See Flooding above.
7. Snow and Ice – In sufficient amounts either can cause significant property damage.
8. Ice Dams – This is typically the result of ice forming and backing up under roof covering at the eaves that ultimately cause damage to the roof and interior of the structure as it melts.
9. Weight / Pressure – In a large enough quantity this could cause catastrophic damage, usually collapse. This most commonly effects Flat roofs (Can affect any type of roof), awnings, low pitched roofs and the like. Heavy snow falls or large quantities of pooled water can be extremely heavy sometimes surpassing the load handling capabilities of the surface on which it has accumulated. When this happens it can cause serious structural fatigue and failure possibly resulting in a partial or complete collapse.
10. Roofing and Siding Damage – Mother Nature can be vicious, causing torn up roofing and / or siding materials such as shingles, shakes, tiles, boards, vinyl, fascia, soffiting and even the sheathing (Substrate) to which they are attached.
11. Tree Damage – Most commonly associated with trees being toppled over by heavy winds. Often falling onto insured structures and possibly cause serious damage. Could be large branches that fall onto a insured structure or possibly even just the tree falling to the ground and blocking access to the insured structure. Tree damage can also be caused by lightning.
12. Structural Damage – Is typically associated with one of the items mentioned above.
13. Sink Hole – Can be caused by a number of things that result in the sudden opening of a hole in the ground that damages or destroys property. Sinkholes can be very small to extremely large causing minimal damage to swallowing and entire house. This is a major problem in Florida but can happen anywhere.
4. Civil Riot
These are some of the types of claims handled, but by no means is an All Inclusive list.
Should you have some type of damage but are unsure if it is covered by your insurance policy don’t hesitate to contact us. Whatever the loss, Insurance Claims Specialist, LLC. is here to help. We’re State Licensed Advocates that work exclusively for you, the Home / Business Owner (the Insured), to ensure that you receive the fullest benefit possible from your insurance company based on your policy, thus maximizing your settlement so you may properly Rebuild, Repair, Replace and / or Clean your property. Our knowledge and expertise makes your life much easier.